Sales Account Manager
Reports to: Sales Director
Hours of work: 40 Hours per week
Purpose of The Job:
The individual will be responsible for all sales activities, including lead generation in an assigned geographical area. The individual will develop & implement a territory based plan of action to be agreed with the Sales Director which will meet both personal & business goals of expanding the customer base in the defined area. You will be fully accountable for activity & results within your territory.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Responsible for the sales of all Channel products & services to maximise the growth across our entire business.
• Demonstrate & develop technical selling skills of product knowledge to give effective presentations to key business decision makers.
• Use effective questioning through staying abreast of industry specific trends of potential prospects and our own telecoms marketplace.
• Ensure the effective implementation of marketing plans
• Develop client relationships & referrals
• Maintain accurate records of all sales & prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within the assigned territory.
• Understand our pricing and proposal models.
• Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from our competitors.
• Develop an annual plan in conjunction with the Sales Director, which details activities to follow our financial year, which will focus on meeting or exceeding all sales targets.
• Employees will be requested to work as & when necessary to meet Channel’s requirements. It is expected that you will be able to complete all your work within normal working hours however you may be required to work additional hours for the needs of the company & to achieve targets.
Sales Quotas to be delivered:
• To achieve activity targets
• To achieve new business profit targets
• To achieve recurring revenue targets
• Self-generate new business opportunities
• Attend face to face customer meetings for both existing & new
• Own appointment making for customer visits
• Focus on customer retention
• Resign customers to new contracts on leases & recurring revenue
• Arrange 2nd meetings with a view to sign new business
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Previous experience of business to business sales
• Have a proactive nature & be self-managing
• Organisation skills, deadline orientated with the ability to prioritise a plan
• Negotiation skills
• Results orientated
• Excellent communicator written & vocal
• Must be presentable
• Candidate must show flexibility & be intuitive to remedy any issues
• Confidence in using equipment & computers (IT literate)
• Must hold full UK driving licence
If you feel you would be a suitable candidate for the role – email your CV to email@example.com